The Abu Bakr Islamic Center is a registered charity that serves the islamic and educational needs of the community. We aim to promote unity through the development and implementation of programs and activities to inspire the wellbeing of the greater community. Abu Bakr is guided by the principles and values of Islam. We welcome all members within and outside the community regardless of their faith and background.
We intend to provide the highest quality of religious, educational, and services to our entire community as well as support and promote a comprehensive Islamic way of life as outlined in the Holy Quran, and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). We actively engage and contribute towards strengthening the bonds between Muslims and non-Muslims alike by establishing a united community through effective interfaith partnerships, dialogue and fostering respect.
Ideals derived from authentic interpretations of Quran/Sunnah upholding its moral standards. The intent of becoming a model to those around it, contributing positively to its immediate congregation in particular, as well as to the greater society in general.
We wish to build and maintain a community of leaders through Imaan and Taqwa.
Through the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah, the aim is to inspire an appreciation of Islamic values by demonstrating its effectiveness in society.
Abu Bakr Islamic Center aims to provide and nurture the community with:
- Programs for all genders and ages
- Specially designed programs for the youth
- Intensive knowledge courses for Adults
- Evening/Weekend classes for children
- Religious Counseling services
- Will preparation services
- Funeral/burial services
All this and much more is possible with your prayers and financial support.
Our Core Values
- Live by the teachings of the Quran & Sunnah.
- Demonstrate selflessness, integrity, forgiveness along with truthfulness, humility and modesty.
- Treat all people and one another with the utmost respect, fairness and justice.
- The acquisition of knowledge, continually striving to learn and improve upon oneself. To help others do the same.
- To have an outstanding work ethic and team building skills.
- Enhancing relationships/partnership, aligned with the common goal outlined by the Quran and Sunnah.
- Possessing the strength, courage and enthusiasm of leadership.
- The accountability of self, to others, the remembrance of death and the final accountability to Allah.